Saturday

Banana Bread

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/banana-bread-recipe.html?soc=sharingpinterest
Banana Bread
I found a great banana bread recipe on Food Network's website.  I read the reviews for it and I have to say,  I get annoyed by what I read sometimes in those reviews. Some of the people who reviewed the recipe stated that they changed the ingredients to something totally different or added more or less than what is called for and then they gave the recipe a bad review. I wonder if it ever occurs to them that their version sucked because they didn't follow the recipe! I just don't understand.

I do have to admit though that I followed the recipe exactly and found this banana bread perfect. It wasn't all crusty and dried out like other versions I've tried. It was moist and very flavorful.  I think it was the cinnamon which is something I don't remember ever using in other recipes and the fact that you have to make sure you don't overbeat the batter. However, I did wish it had nuts. So this time I made it and added a handful of chopped walnuts.  To me, it did make the banana bread better.  So if you like nuts, that is the only suggestion I have to complement this recipe. So I did change things but not not until I tried it exactly as printed. :-) So here is the wonderful original recipe from the Food Network website:


Banana Bread
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 - inch loaf pan.
Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients, mixing just until the flour is incorporated.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the bread pan and invert onto rack to cool completely before slicing.
Spread slices with honey or top with ice cream.



If you want to see the original recipe, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment